At Moore Dentistry, a soft tissue diode laser can be used for a variety of procedures. There are several advantages to using a soft tissue laser:
Procedures done with less anesthesia
- Procedures done with less bleeding
- Less pain after the procedure
- Treatment for cold sores (herpes)
- Treatment for canker sores
- Gums are reshaped without cutting
- Reduces the healing time
- Benign tumors can be removed
- Minimize the need for stitches
Dental procedures involving lasers might sound like something from science fiction, but for a growing number of dentists, it is today's reality.
Lasers give us more precision and control, and it takes a fraction of the time of traditional dentistry. Laser dentistry can reduce the need for anesthesia, excessive bleeding and stitches after surgery, as well as reducing tissue damage, risk of infection, and length of recovery time.
There are dozens of applications for this new technology. Depending on the type of dental procedure you need, we'll be able to discuss whether laser technology is right for you.